The Hug A Bub Wrap Carrier, if used only for the first 3 months of your baby’s life, will have profound long-term benefits for you both.
This is not just a baby transportation device, the Wrap Carrier meets a very specific new born need for closeness and support.
Hug A Bub Wrap Carrier Key Features
- The wide shoulder wraps double up to provide the most secure support for baby’s head and neck. The Wrap Carrier is ideal for newborns, premature and sleeping babies.
- The Hug-a-Bub®’s ergonomic design wraps around your torso, from shoulders to hips, reducing unnecessary strain on your shoulders, neck and back. Physiotherapists recommend Hug-a-Bub® Wrap Carrier for parent with chronic back problems.
- Due to its unique wrap style, the Hug-a-Bub® Wrap Carrier offers a firm and secure hold that allows you to have your hands completely free. You can even bend forward with your baby hugged close to your body.
- We have created an easy to follow, step-by-step instructional slide show that will help you become a hug-a-bub® master in no time at all. These are viewable on youtube.
- When worn correctly the Hug-a-Bub® is one of the most secure baby carriers on the market. There are no clips or buckles that can break or seams that can come undone. It is even possible to bend over completely without fear of your baby falling out.
- There is no weight limit for your baby. The Hug-a-Bub® is suitable for babies from prematurity up to toddlerhood. As long as you still pick them up they will feel lighter in a Hug-a-Bub®.
- Hug-a-Bub® has long been recommended for both its’ comfort and safety by a myriad of baby and maternal health care professionals including physiotherapists, midwives, lactation consultants, occupational therapists and early Childhood nurses. It is also frequently used in special care nurseries in Australian hospitals.
Hug A Bub Wrap Carrier Positions
Hug-a-Bub® has 3 different carrying positions offering a versatility which enables you to meet the different moods and needs of your baby, from prematurity through to toddler-hood.
1) Heart To Heart Or Pocket Wrap Cross Carry
This vertical chest-to-chest position is wonderful for settling babies, bonding, and relieving the symptoms of colic and reflux. (Suitable for newborn babies – 18 months).
A favoured position for everyone first learning to wear their baby because it is a pre-tied carry. You put the wrap on first and are able to put the baby in and out through out the day as needed, without having to take it off..
2) Front Wrap Cross Carry Or Kangaroo Carry
The Front Cross Carry wrap is so wonderful because, no matter what size your baby is you are able to get a custom carry every time, tailored to you and your baby. This position is not pre-tied but tied and tighten over your baby, which may be a preferable position if you are carrying a heavy baby because it is so easy to tighten along the way if needed.
3) Koala Cuddle
A variation of ‘heart to heart’ that allows older babies to have their upper body free from the straps, creating a less restrictive hold. If babies fall asleep in this position, you have the option to tuck their arms back under the straps for extra support. (Suitable for 4mths- 3 years)
View our full range of Carriers.
*images for illustration purposes only.
Perth Baby Store | WA Family Owned | Fantastic Service | Great Value for Money
Expecting a baby is so exciting! We also know there is a lot to think about. At Babyroad, our experienced team have been helping Perth families make the best decisions for over 20 years.
From our family to yours, our team will help ensure you have the right products, at the best prices, for you and your baby.
Shop Online, or visit our Perth Showroom, which is a haven for new parents and families, including over twenty nursery room displays complete with furniture, flooring, manchester and wall decals to help you visualise your dream nursery. Children are always welcome in-store to explore and enjoy all that Babyroad has to offer.